Saturday, April 30, 2011

photo by Jason Brown of Revival Art Studio rastudio.ca

Rebecca
I've shared a bit about Rebecca before... I love this photo of the two of us just before the Love Shines concert.
This precious girl loves singing and I want to encourage this gift in her.  There is something that she experiences when she sings that I identify with - it is a way to express a part of yourself that doesn't come out any other way.  When Rebecca sings, people pause.  She sings from her heart, from her soul.  she sings with a voice that understands that life is complicated but also that life is beautiful.  She sings with emotion and with passion.  When we sing 'Ordinary Miracle' together, there is a tenderness we share as well as a passion from the heart.  Rebecca has a dream to sing for the rest of her life.  I want to be part of making that dream a reality for her.  In the meantime, I will enjoy inviting her to sing with me and she will continue to step out on her own as well.  This week Rebecca, Boris (her dad) and I will be performing in Abbotsford at the Songs, Strings & Steps performance.
I will enjoy every moment of singing with Rebecca again.

No comments: