Sunday, February 27, 2011

photo by revival art studios  www.rastudio.ca


Love Shines CD Release Concert
April 16, 2011
7:30pm
Matsqui Auditorium Abbotsford

I want to sing.
This is the message that came up from my core that day 
12 years ago
when I stood on the street corner of North Decatur Road and Clairmont in Atlanta, Georgia.
I had been asked 'what do I want'? two weeks earlier by a professional trying to help me deal with my deep depression.  I was dumbfounded by the question.
I had no answer.
all I could think of was what other people would say.
I had lost my voice.  I didn't know who I was or what I wanted.
I didn't know my own heart any more.  I was asleep.
I held this question throughout my days and nights and to my great surprise, this childhood longing emerged that day as I waited for a cross-walk sign.
I paid attention....and auditioned for a community choir.  it was the beginning of finding myself again.  My voice was soft and weak....frail.  But I sang with this choir for 3 years and gradually grew stronger.
It has been a journey - to find my voice...a long, long healing journey.
This concert is a celebration of that journey.
I invite you to join me as I sing.
I want to share these songs with you and with as many people as I can.

1 comment:

Tracy said...

This really resonates with me. I've asked myself the same question and came up with the same answer. I was stifled by others' inhibitions and shrunk back, so now I'm getting back to where I'm supposed to be and I'm going to have a bunch of fun doing it! =)