Tuesday, January 04, 2011


Song Stories for Love Shines
Song #1

I would like to share some of the stories of the songs that will be on the Love Shines CD.

I Bind My Life to Love

Several years ago I was in a personal crisis. At certain moments I wondered if I was losing my mind. I was so afraid and so anxious. I wanted to know that everything would be OK, but there were no guarantees that anything would be OK ever again. It was during this time that someone introduced me to a prayer that was inspired by the prayers of St. Patrick. Over the years, I re-wrote it in my own way using imagery that was powerful for me. In the summer of 2009, I realized I wanted to share these words with as many people as I could. These words have impacted me over and over again for over 11 years. I decided to make these words into a song I could sing and give as a gift. When I wake up in the early hours of the morning and can't sleep, these are the words that are often on the edge of my lips. These words have given me hope, energy, faith, and light. I trust the power of Love in my life and so it has become a gift to entrust my life to Love over and over again. The blessing of this has been unexpected joy and deepening peace in my daily life. I'm so excited to share this song on this album!

here is an excerpt of the lyrics:
I bind my life to Love
I bind my heart to Love
I bind my feet to the path Love has for me
I bind my life to Love



No comments: