Monday, January 17, 2011


Song Stories #4

Hope of My Dreams



(The Mountains Call)

I am captivated by the mountains.
I am captivated by sky.
I am captivated by eagles soaring
over my head as I walk in the open field behind Heritage Park in Mission.
I am captivated by ocean, rivers, lakes.
This song holds the sense of awe that I feel each day as I breath deeply of fresh air and take in the beauty that surrounds me.
I originally wrote this song on Bowen Island in August of 2006. It became part of the 'trust' CD recording that came out 2008. That CD was nominated for Inspirational Album of the Year by the Gospel Music Awards of Canada.
In May of 2010 I led a Taize Evening Prayer Event up at the glorious Westminster Abbey of Mission. The acoustics in that space are so delicate and wondrous. Kevin Boese played acoustic guitar and I sang this song as an opening for the evening. Today we recorded the song just like that - acoustic guitar and voice - simple, spacious, open and mystical.
Here is an excerpt of the words.....

The mountains call
out to me
and they declare
through their beauty
of One who is
beyond all things
Giver of Life
Hope of my dreams

thanks to Debbie Klassen of Chilliwack for the amazing photo!

No comments: