Monday, June 18, 2007


Encircling
There is a Celtic melody that has been haunting me for over a year now. Haunting me in the best sense of the word - when I sleep, when I wake, when I walk through the woods - it is there. And the truth of it seeps deeper and deeper as the months go by. The imagery of the words speaks of the Divine as Encircling. I have been very aware also of the femenine aspect of the Divine which as a mother would reach out with encircling arms. I didn't grow up being aware that God was anything other that male......but that has deeply changed! If I am created in the image of God, then my femeninity is rooted in God's very being. Male and Female, we are both equally rooted in God. It is helpful then to imagine God in both femenine and masculine ways. God as my warrior protector. God as my nurturing, caressing mother. God as my valiant father. God as my gentle and kind healer.

The Mighty Three
My protection be
Encircling me
You are around
My life, my home
O Sacred Three
The Mighty Three

No comments: